Supply Nation’s approach to the shared objective of growing the Indigenous business sector is to work collaboratively and partner with other organisations working in the space.
How can Supply Nation’s partners support your business?
Indigenous Business Australia (IBA): http://www.iba.gov.au
IBA assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to start, acquire or grow a viable business. Key program features include:
- Into Business™ workshops to build the business skills of aspiring Indigenous Australians who are new to business.
- Loans for viable, sustainable small to medium businesses where clients do not satisfy bank lending criteria.
- Access to business advice, like marketing and business planning
Indigenous Chambers of Commerce
Around Australia, Indigenous Chambers of Commerce offer a range of business development, business advocacy and networking and support services. Membership of your local Chamber ensures that you are a part of the Indigenous Business community in your local area.
For more information, contact the chamber in your state.
- New South Wales: http://www.nswicc.com.au
- South East Queensland: http://www.seqicc.com.au
- South Australia: http://abicsa.org.au
- Victoria: Kinaway
- Northern Territory: http://www.ntibn.com.au
In April 2015, the First Australians Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FACCI) was established by the National Network of Indigenous Chambers of Commerce and Business Associations to represent the interests of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Businesses. FACCI is the national Peak Body and represents Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander business in partnership with its members (Indigenous Chambers of Commerce and Business Associations across Australia).
State and Federal business development services
Additional support services and business development opportunities are provided by a range of State and Federal Government bodies. For more information, see the relevant links below.
- The Federal Department of Industry offers business planning and regulatory information: http://www.industry.gov.au/smallbusiness/Support/Pages/default.aspx
- Australian Capital Territory: http://www.business.act.gov.au
- Northern Territory: http://www.dob.nt.gov.au/business/Pages/default.aspx
- New South Wales: http://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/supporting-business/small-biz-connect-advisory-program>
- Queensland: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/support-tools-grants/support/small-business
- South Australia: http://www.statedevelopment.sa.gov.au/industry/smallbusiness
- Tasmania: https://www.business.tas.gov.au
- Victoria: http://www.business.vic.gov.au
- Western Australia: http://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/small-business-development-corporation-home-page
A number of universities around Australia offer specific business development programs for Indigenous business owners.
Supply Nation proudly supports the University of Melbourne’s MURRA Indigenous Business Master Class Program delivered by the Melbourne Business School.
The Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre (AILC) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) offering courses in Indigenous Leadership and Business (Governance).